Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cow Portrait


Oil on 7x5 archival canvas panel.
I really like how this one came out. First of all, I covered the panel with black gesso warmed with a little red acrylic. The colors come alive and "pop" from the very first strokes. Secondly, I didn't over blend the colors with brush strokes in one spot...I laid the color down and moved on. Third, in areas of accent or highlight, I placed a loaded brush stroke and let it alone.
I hope y'all like it!
This one just sold to great lady in Irvine, CA...Thanks!
Sold


Email me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

My ArtByUs

Psalm 121:7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Dean! I like this cow a lot - I think it's my favorite of your cow paintings, at least the recent ones. I like the nose - it looks properly slimy, as a cow's nose should - and, particularly, her right eye (our left) - I think the highlight on the lid gives her that sweet look cows have. And the light-and-lighter working of her head really takes shape, for me. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm not surprised this one sold fast! (I am surprised at many of the pieces that haven't sold yet...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Dean, what a great face. All the texture with the heavy paint looks really good too. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Eileen...long time no see...thanks for stopping by. Thanks for the supportive words. I just found your new blog. I have it bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Barb...I appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails