Friday, May 02, 2008

Blue and Gold Macaw


Oil on 7x5 archival canvas panel.
For this one I painted on top of black gesso. I like how I easily get inspiring color right away. I used both a painting knife and a brush, my goal being to simulate the texture of the feathers.
The photo of this Blue and Gold Macaw was graciously supplied by Cheryl for the WDE at Wet Canvas.

Unavailable

Email me

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

My ArtByUs

Prov 11:16 A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong men retain riches.

2 comments:

  1. Your birds are all great Dean, having owned a cockatiel and a sulphur crest cockatoo and now own a blue and gold macaw ( for the last 20) years, I was delighted to see an artist depict these gorgeous birds with a knowledge of proportion. Good job on all of these, I love them.
    Are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that darn spell check made my name ARE.. Meant to be RAE, sorry Dean.. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails