Sunday, December 16, 2007

Last Glimmer-Sunset




Oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel.
The darks were applied thinly...the lights are a different story. They are thick at the horizon, applied with a painting knife. The painting is a bit darker than I originally intended, but that makes the horizon really accentuated.The close up gives a better idea of the actual color...couldn't get the full size to photograph quite right.

Available
  • Email me to inquire about purchasing


  • See my art on eBay

    My Etsy
    Psalms 118:8
    "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."

    5 comments:

    1. Nice job on a simply stated sunset impression. I always enjoy your pumped color.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You have been tagged! If need be,refer to my blog for the rules.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi, Jimmy! Thanks for stopping by. Sometimes it just feels good to really push the color limits. Sometimes I wonder if maybe I push the chroma too much.

      Merry Christmas, Dean

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks, Kim...this should be fun!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts with Thumbnails