Sunday, April 08, 2007

Gold Finch


Oil on 7x5 archival canvas panel. As I mentioned many moons ago on this blog, I've always had a strong attraction to birds. As a child I drew, painted and carved them from wood. I can name all the local varieties and identify them by their songs...yet I never considered myself as a 'birdwatcher'. Anyhoo, here's one of my favorites, the goldfinch. Love the bright yellow and black that God gave them.
Unavailable
  • Email me!
  • 4 comments:

    1. Deano,
      It's all beautiful. I feel so lucky that you share your art online with all of us. I love the light you've put on the roosters, and of course, I always love the contemporary cat and kitten. Thanks for sharing -I'm sure my family of animal lovers is enjoying, also. Terre

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi, Terre! Thanks for taking time to leave your inspiring comment. It's folks like you that make this whole blog thing meaningful. Just knowing that my art is being viewed and enjoyed will drive me to be more productive and, hopefully, to be a better painter. Thanks.

      Best wishes, Deano

      ReplyDelete
    3. One of my favorites also...a beautiful job with the painting.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thank you, Cathleen...much appreciated.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts with Thumbnails