Saturday, May 10, 2014

Wide Eyed And Alert-Rabbit

 Close ups

Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Mary was the super host this week who provided a bunch of great photos!

 I cropped in for a close up on the rabbit. Loved those eyes!


C&C Welcome. Thanks for looking and commenting!
 Proverbs 31:28-29        Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Mother's Day
Close ups

Acrylic on 8x10 mat board.
NFS

This painting was done in 2004 shortly after the passing of my wife, Kay. Roses were her favorite flower. Roses were also the favorite flower of my mother.

So I post this in memory of the two great greatest people who have ever resided in my heart.

The video is for all the Moms who have gone on.

I have re posted this video from Celeste Bergin's fine blog.



Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the mention, Dean! I love these paintings...wow! there is nothing you can't do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean, I love the touches of pink in your beautiful little bunny. The rose is exquisite and I do hurt for your losses. Thank you for re-posting the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Dean!... Two grand paintings and the usual sensitive and spiritual words that make them even more special!

    The juxtaposition of the tranquil rose portrait within the same post as your "hare-raising" jaunty bunnikin moment is a nice touch. Sure shows your versatility as an artist and great ability to use colour creatively!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and emotional post, Dean!! The bunny is adorable and the rose is absolutely OUTSTANDING! I was born in June and the Rose is June's flower...my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dean, just found your blog...what wonderful animals, and I love your gorgeous rose!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails