Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Ride-Figurative

 Close ups


 Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Ai, from Thailand, was the gracious host this week who provided a bunch of colorful photos!

I settled on doing the rider. The toughest problem was trying to straighten out the shadows and legs as I eliminated the "horse whisperer" walking on the other side. Then, making up the background is always a challenge for me.

Here's the original photo




C&C welcome. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Psalm 145:13,     "Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the way you painted this, Dean! Wonderful work!!
    You can feel the motion and perfect colors and texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look carefully to see the horse whisperer. LOL!
    You did a great job- especially with the glow of the sun on the rider and horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you brought her closer; so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on this one Dean. You are so consistent about posting - I must commend you on that since I am so bad about that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails