Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bucket Full Of Treasure-Boy Figurative

 Close ups

Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Oty, from Greece, was the gracious host this week who provided a bunch of colorful photos!
 I thought the beach scene with Christos was great! I wasn't overly cautious to get everything just right...I was after expressive looseness (actually, I was short of time tonight... ). I just kept adding notes of paint attempting to match the feel of the ref.

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking and commenting.


Psalm 119:11          "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

7 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!
    This is a wonderful painting, Dean.
    You handled the sun on the skin so perfectly and love the different blues in the water. You paint everything really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Dean!... You have frozen a moment in all boys' lives when being a pirate was allowed... and "freedom" could be felt head to toes in the hot summer sand.

    The painting by its very nature must be static... but the memories that your expressive brushwork exudes remain lively .... and fresh!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the movement in this. The texture is interesting too. It looks like a mixed media perhaps an encaustic look to the background. It is a wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very fun painting..I know he is happy with his "treasure". Beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dean, your work continues to amaze me. This is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EXCELLENT work, Dean. LOVE the shading in his skin...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Dean you did such a great job on this piece. Captured the essence of the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails