Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cool School-Fish

 Close ups

Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Christine did the job of hosting this week and provided a bunch of super photos!

 It looked like this school of fish were having a good time just hanging out and looking cool.

I really enjoyed dealing with all the different blues.

C&C welcome. Thank you for commenting!

Here's the original photo I cropped. Way too much for me to squeeze unto a small canvas,,,Lol!

1 Peter 3:14         But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened."
Take Courage

8 comments:

  1. a really delightful painting...! you are fearless...I don't think I would have tackled this one! You did a wonderful job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Dean. Your foreshortening and perspective are pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully painted, Dean...wonderful colors in this piece! Not an easy painting...you aced it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent composition, Dean. I do like how you cropped the original photo, and the blue fish against the yellow backlighting is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applaud you for painting a difficult subject. I think you did a wonderful job and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Dean. I like the photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent Dean, such a fun painting. I like how you tackle any subject.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails